Wednesday 18 May 2011

my exhibition

Me with my exhibition. I have worked with lots of different materials.

I made this out of cardboard, me and BIll glued it and painted it silver. It's based on sculpture by Naum Gabo.

This is a bird I worked on it at Barnwell School. It's made of art rock. I started to make the shape of the birds head out of chicken wire and covered it in art rock. The I painted it and made it stand out with other nice colours.

I did this at Barnwell too. It is a portrait made out of cardboard. I did the cutting and Mr Ledster helped with the sticking.

I sketched both of these before I painted one and did the other in pastel. I used different lights and darks in the picture so that the person on the left stands out from the background as if he is on a ship with the waves behind. For the pastel picture I used darks in the background usign blue and brown and black so that the face stands out. Afterwards I used light colours to make the face come out of the picture.


These are pen and ink drawings. The one in the middle is a copy of a Picasso. The one on the left is a self-portrait. The one on the right is Tiffany in profile.

The pucture in the middle is a copy of a Gauguin painting in paint. It was really hard to get it right because there was so much detail in the original. The other two are done in pastel. I made them in the National Portrait Gallery.

These are drawings of actors from Highschool Musical and the Fast and the Furious. Zak Efron, Coldon Bleu, and Paul Walker.

This is a self-portrait from a mirror.

I mage a portrait of myself out of clay. And learned how to make the face look like the real thing.


This is a tablet I used to practice carving  for my final piece. I was also learnign how to mix different colours. I had my sketchbook to help me.


This is my top final piece. I wasn't allowed to talk in the exam. I drew it out, carved it and after I was goign to colour it. but changed my mind and covered the whole thing in black and grey.  The little pictures were hard to carve but I took my time and I'm really pleased with it.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Nick, I like your work! I'm an artist too and was wondering if you'd like to do a collaboration of sorts. You could send me a drawing, and I'll send you a drawing, and then we can each do our own versions of each other's work. Send me an email at guotedarini@gmail.com if you're interested, and keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete